Search Results

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mark Bittman's Simplest and Best Shrimp Dish


I hardly cook shrimp at home. Hubby doesn't like it and I prefer to make something that we both enjoy. But I saw this dish the other day at Mark Bittman's website and it really attracted me. Perhaps because of the title. Perhaps because we just went to a nice tapas restaurant, and Bittman called this dish a spin on Spanish tapas. Or maybe it's just because I was hungry when I look at the photo. Who knows!

In any case, I made it. Bought myself 1/4 lb of shrimp. Doesn't sound like a lot but I'm feeding only myself and even at 1/4 lb I got about a dozen shrimps. I followed all his seasoning guidelines and instruction pretty much exactly. The dish came together really fast, the longest time being peeling all the shrimp!


Tasting impressions: 
It's pretty tasty and good. I don't know if it qualifies as the best but it's definitely simple. If you like garlic this is a good dish as the garlic smell really shine here. I think next time I want to up paprika as it wasn't very hot. Perhaps a little cayenne would be in order, to add a little kick.

You can find the recipe on Bittman's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments.