Search Results

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pasta alla Puttanesca













































This is one of my favorite pasta dish. When I say favorite I mean that I used to make this a lot. I had since forgotten about it. Last weekend, feeling like having pasta for lunch. Since spaghetti and meat balls is out of the option now, I started looking at my recipe book for other pasta recipes and stumbled upon this one.

And it is so easy to make. The original recipe only calls for garlic and not onions, but I like onions so I added some.

Saute the onions until they look a bit wilted.

Then add garlic and red pepper flakes.

Continue sauteeing until the garlic is lightly golden.

Add the canned tomatoes, salt and pepper, and simmer until the tomatoes thickened a bit.

Then add the olives, capers, and anchovies. Cook for a couple of minutes.

I ran out of penne pasta so this was served with whole wheat spaghetti.

This recipe use anchovy and it is the main flavor of the dish. If you don't like anchovy, I'd say you can still try it but add some spices to it to make up for the flavor. Try basil, oregano, and thyme. Or use a herb combination called herbs de provence. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them - or a combination of.

Enjoy!

Recipe: Pasta alla Puttanesca









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments.