Search Results

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday 2: Idlewood, beret, and legwarmers



My Idlewood sweater is going really well. I am about 5 inches away from finishing the body part, garter stitch the sleeves, and I am done! My goal is to finish by hopefully Thursday night, so I can wear it on Friday.


I also have the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret going on. I cast on 2 weeks ago but it's been dormant for most of the time because I hate dpns. I have a bunch of them and I see them as necessary evil. Hate is a strong word but seriously, I always end up having ladders between the needles and they drive me crazy. Yes I know it's a tension issue. I need to control my tension. I've tried and what I usually ended up with is sore fingers.

So after being frustrated that this beret is going nowhere, I splurged and bought a $11 Clover 16 inches size 11 needle. They are expensive but I think it paid off as 2 hours later I have about 60% of the beret done.

I am hoping I will finish this beret in time for FO this Friday.
 

I also started this owl legwarmers a couple of days ago. It is a mind-less, pretty boring knit but the end result looks great so I'm excited about it. The weather is getting cooler here so it would be great to have homemade legwarmers.


Please check out Tami Ami's blog for more awesome WIP's.

2 comments:

  1. You go on that Idlewood! Lovely raspberry colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your projects. The yarn is sooo pretty on all of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.