Search Results

Friday, January 6, 2012

FO Friday 4

Project: Beaded Purple Summer Flies
Needle: US 6
Yarn: Madelinetosh Sock in Oxblood

I finally finished the Summer Flies shawl this week! As I mentioned on the WIP Wednesday a couple of weeks ago, I had fun with this project. I ran out of yarn, didn't want to buy another one, rip off some sections, I was still not happy with it, and then started over with a smaller needle.

2nd time around was better. I finished it with about 20 inches of yarn leftover (cutting it close!).
I did have to skip some rows on the ruffle edge section to get there. I've posted my mods on my ravelry page.

I've also added some beads on the butterfly section. You can see it on the close-up shot below.
I love knitting this shawl. Even though I had to redo it and it took me longer than it should. It is a very fun pattern to knit with. I am going to make this again with malabrigo sock. It has a longer yardage so I think I can do the whole ruffle edges.

Please check out Tami Ami's blog for more FO's.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, spectacular! I can see why you'd want to make another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is stunning! The color and the pattern go perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous!!! Oh, that color is just dreamy. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, just beautiful. Lovely colourway, perfect for this shawl. And the beads you added are a very nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous shawl, Jenn. The color is just so pretty and so is the pattern. Great job on finishing yet another knitting project. You go girl :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn, I just got my first subscriber email, and it took my breath away!! This shawl is fabulous!!! I love the yarn, the pattern, the beads!! I agree with Paula: Spectacular!!! --ak

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgious, on my to do list! The colour is lush!
    Pictures are great :0)
    willow4

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments! It is a beautiful yarn and worth the $.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.