Search Results

Friday, January 20, 2012

FO Friday 5


Project: Big Herringbone Cowl
Needle: US 17
Yarn: 3 skeins of Manos del Uruguay Maxima in Coral


I finished the Big Herringbone Cowl and I am in LOVE!!!

I wore it several times this week. It is so squishy and cuddly and soft and warm. It definitely helped on Tuesday morning when the temperature was in the teens.

I used a size 17 needle and 3 skeins of Manos del Uruguay Maxima in Coral.
Most people on Ravelry used 2 skeins of Malabrigo but I wanted to make this bigger, so I casted on 260 stitches and used 3 skeins.

The pattern is really fun to knit. It started off a bit frustrating because I'm not used to the big needle but after a couple of rows I got the hang of it and became really fun.

And I really love the result!

I usually don't make the same pattern twice but I can see myself making this again in the future.

Please check out Tami Ami's blog for more fabulous FO's.

3 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful! I love the color and the pattern! I would totally make that again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is sooo beautiful, I love the color and pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.