Search Results

Friday, March 9, 2012

FO Friday 9


I am very excited to share 2 FO's with you all today.

Project: Celery Cardigan
Needles: US 5, US 4, US 3
Yarn: 2.15 skeins of Malabrigo Sock in Tiziano Red


I've actually finished this cardigan a few weeks ago but it's been sitting on the couch waiting for me to weave and block. I really really don't like weaving in ends so I kept putting it off. In the end, it is not bad and I wished I had finished it sooner. Oh well. I am making up for lost time because I've worn this cardigan several times in the last week.



The color of the cardigan is most true in the 1st pic. There was too much light by the time I got around to the other pics so the cardigan looks like it has more orange hue than it actually does.

It’s a great pattern and easy to knit. It gets a bit tedious sometimes but it’s not a big problem as I alternate with several other WIPs.

I followed the pattern exactly except for the needles used.

Changes to pattern:
  • Pick up an extra 4 stitches on the sleeve.
  • Sleeves are done with size 4 needles.
  • My purl rows are looser than knits, so for the garter stitch on the sleeves I went down two needle size, using size 3 needles. I am glad I did this because after blocking the garter stitch part is the same width as the sleeve.


Project: Stripe Study Shawl
Needle: US 6
Yarn: 1 skein of Dream in Color Smooshy in Still Spruce and 1 skein of Dream in Color Smooshy in Poma-granate


I bought the Dream in Color yarns online to try it out and because they were on sale. I was originally going to make 2 different shawl with them. The Still Spruce color looks dark green on several websites but when it arrived I was horrified to find out that it's black! Black! What am I going to do with a black yarn?

Then I saw Veera's beautiful shawl and I was sold.

I love everything about this pattern. It is easy and fast do make because it’s all garter stitch. Yet Veera make it interesting with all the W&T.

I only have enough yarn to do 11 stripes of the red. The size is perfect. It’s big enough to wrap around me or wear as kind of a scarf.


Please check out Tami Ami's blog for more fabulous FO's.

29 comments:

  1. Your cardigan and shawl are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl is fabulous....love the colors together, will hop over and check out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are just lovely. I love the color play on the shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your FOs are beautiful. I also procrastinate weaving in the ends, but find they were not as bad as I had thought.

    Love the shawl - the combination of the rose and the back are quite stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the yarn you used for your cardigan is really nice.

    Both FO's are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.