Search Results

Monday, January 28, 2013

Meyer Lemon-Ginger Marmalade


Marmalade success!!!

I am so so happy that this turned out. As you guys know, I tried to make Orange Marmalade last December. It turned out. Way too sweet and bitter at the same time. The sad marmalade ended up in trash.

My original plan was to make orange marmalade again with a different recipe, until I saw some Meyer Lemon at the grocery store. I have never tried Meyer lemon before so this was a good opportunity to try.

The recipe I used is from The Art of Preserving. I borrowed a copy from the library. It is by far the easiest marmalade recipe I've seen. I don't always take the easy route but man it was so nice not having to peel the lemons, cut the peel into sticks, segment the fruits, and gather the piths and seeds in cheesecloth. Instead, with this recipe all I had to do was slice the lemons thinly and cook them. It goes by so much faster :).

And the taste is so good! I added a bit less sugar than the recipe because I like the tartness of the lemon. I also double the amount of ginger, but the ginger taste is not very pronounced. It is yummy though and as you can see from the picture below, we are halfway through our first jar.

I have since purchased this book. I found a used copy on Amazon for $10 (including shipping). Though it is used, it is barely used and pretty much looks like brand new.

Recipe: The Art of Preserving

Other recipes from the net:
Meyer Lemon Marmalade at Simply Recipes
Meyer Lemon Marmalade at Food & Wine

8 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Here's to a successful marmalade. I love Meyers and with ginger... great combo.
    So cool that you found an easy recipe that really works!
    Have a great week,
    xo
    E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I was so happy that it works :). Have a great week as well!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Jenn! It's all about perseverance (I can relate to that - just read my comment in your Ciabatta post) :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a good feeling when it turns out, doesn't it Hanaa? Yay to both of us :).

      Delete
  3. wow lemon-ginger marmalade!! that sounds so amazing. congrats on your successful marmalade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are stunning. I am looking for recipes for jams and marmalades. This looks great and I like that it is easy. I think the combination of ginger and lemon will be refreshing. I will be getting this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine! I hope you will like the book as much as I do. Let me know how it turns out. Thanks for stopping by! Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.